Sunday, October 4, 2020

More Of The Same

 In this case I'm referring to NGC6823. A cold front has moved through Georgia, leaving somewhat clearer skies. I wanted to use N.I.N.A to try positioning the scope to the same coordinates as the previous image of NGC3823. However, the updated version was, shall we say, uncooperative. I ended up using Stellarium to move the scope to the region, then plate solved the image I took to be sure I was where I thought I was, and it came back as being very close. I decided to go with that and see how close it actually was when I added two nights worth of data together to see if there was a substantial improvement. (I'll let you decide what you think.) The previous blog entry was 7 minutes (one minute at a time) in each of the four filters, L,R,G, and B. Below is that same data, plus an additional 10 minutes in each of the four filters; so 17 minutes in each filter for a total of 68 minutes total exposure. Post processing was different for each image, but I don't think that was a major factor in the outcome.

 

NGC6823, two nights worth of data. MUCH larger nebulosity showing.


No comments:

Post a Comment