Friday, November 13, 2020

Views of the Moon

 Continuing posting from images taken since the last major posting, I took images along the terminator of the moon on October 21, 2020. Unless I have a specific target in mind, I “run the terminator”. Afterwards, I look for interesting things; things I haven't seen before. Often the way the light strikes the moon, subtle differences in shading will show different things. This is the case for me on the image below. I see an inverted “Y” is the shading emanating from the crater Cook B. The feature is visible in Virtual Moon Atlas, but is not as prominent in VMA. At any rate, the lower image is the same as the upper one, with the “Y” drawn in.


October 21, 2020. Cook B.


Inverted "Y". See if you see it in the above image.





No comments:

Post a Comment