Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Following a Prominence

For the last 3 days, I have been following a prominence on the eastern limb of the sun. I think 2 things are happening; the prominence is changing and it is rotating into view. I know of no easy to tell which is having the greater impact on what we see. I'm hoping it will present on the surface of the sun in a few days. Unless something terribly wrong occurs, it will be cloudy and I will miss it's appearance. You can follow the last 3 days below; dates under the picture. The last image is just for any astrophotographers that might be reading. AutoStakkert 3 produces and unusual artifact, circled. I can't find any evidence that it appears in the original data and have no explanation for how it got there. Ideas anyone? All images except last one are composite of surface and prominence.

May 31, 2020

June 1, 2020

June 2, 2020

Weird artifact produced by AutoStakkert on June 2 data.

No comments:

Post a Comment